Saturday, February 23, 2013

Changes

I bet if you know anyone with special needs you know they most likely have a hard time with change. For example I hate when there is a change in my schedule at school I almost have a melt down with out prior warning about the change. If your child has difficulty with change is good to let their teachers know that at their school. This way they can prepare your child if their going to be a change in their schedule at the school setting. Another example relating to me is moving schools through my different moves of houses. It was very hard to leave the friends I made in one school district because i had a hard time at that time to make new friends. Then adjusting to the new school when most of the kids have been there for a couple years or there whole lives. Another thing that you can help with is letting your child know there are changes that people just cannot warn them about and that changes are just a part of life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment