Friday, November 9, 2012

Inclusion

Dear friends,
You should always include people with disabilities because image if you were in there footsteps and were always left out. This does not mean just people with disabilities but anyone that you feel needs a friend. Going back to my post about me being manager of the soccer team. That is an example of inclusion. Everyday i feel like I am being included but some days I also feel like i am being excluded.Ways you can include people are


  1. Invite them to sit with you and your friends at lunch
  2. When selecting teams for gym class or recess games do not think twice about having them on your team 
  3. Become friends with them outside of school and hang out with them outside of school     

12 comments:

  1. Ashlyn, I think you offer some excellent advice! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We should all consider how we can better include our friends...and everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your unique and valuable perspective with us, Ashlyn! Very good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlyn, this is great advice. I have been working with my daughter on these same things. She feels left out by her friends sometimes, and when she leaves someone out, I remind her about how badly she felt when it happened to her. "Do unto others as you would have done to you!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashlyn, the best way to advocate for others with disabilities, is to increase awareness by sharing your experiences. Teach others what your perspectives are so others can better understand how to support people with disabilities. Good luck with your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that these are very easy, very real things to do. What fantastic advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips. I'm sure some kids just don't know where to begin. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ashlyn! These are fantastic tips!

    ReplyDelete